Thursday, July 9, 2009

Common Errors Page - 3

Page 1 --- Page 2 --- Page 3 --- Page 4 --- Page 5 --- Page 6

Incorrect

Are you investing on stock market ?

CorrectAre you investing in the stock market ?


IncorrectI am difficult to learn English.
Correct

It is difficult for me to learn English.



IncorrectWe have full off and half off on Sunday.
CorrectWe are given the option to work either full or half day on Sunday.


IncorrectIn fact, Billy really owns some personality to be a VIP.
CorrectIn fact, Billy really has what it takes to be a VIP.


Incorrect

China is coming into rainy weather.

CorrectChina is in rainy season now.


Incorrect

All these three cities are similar warm as Malaysia.

CorrectAll three of these cities are as warm as Malaysia.


Incorrect

What time of a day now in your country ?

CorrectWhat is the time now in your country ?


IncorrectComes to think of it, it sounds right !
CorrectCome to think of it, it does sound right !


IncorrectYou can try it more ..........
CorrectYou can try a few times ...........


IncorrectHe went to abroad to further his study.
CorrectHe went abroad to further his study.


IncorrectToday, I'll wash my cat.
Correct

I'll give my cat a bath today.

IncorrectHow many days left for you to quit your position ?
CorrectHow many days are left before you quit your job?
CorrectHow many days are left until you quit your job?
IncorrectDid Thailand come into rain season ?
CorrectIs it the rainy season in Thailand ?


IncorrectHow was your sleeping yesterday ?
CorrectDid you have a good sleep yesterday ?


IncorrectHe is trying to look cute to make himself forgiven.
CorrectHe is trying to get away with it by looking cute.

IncorrectWhy don't stay more time here ?
CorrectWhy don't you stay a little longer ?


IncorrectBut you know a lot about computer, isn't it ? I know nothing at all about it !
CorrectBut you know a lot about computer, don't you ? I myself know nothing about it !


IncorrectThe sales of light arms is the main cause of heavy casualty in conflicting nations.
CorrectThe sale of light arms to conflicting nations is the main cause of heavy casualties.


IncorrectWhy you want to know more about me ? I am just a small people.
CorrectWhy do you want to know more about me ? I am a nobody.


IncorrectMake sure that it is a high pay job.
CorrectMake sure that it is a high paying job.


IncorrectI wonder if there is a comment on the certificate by GE about how good a student perform in the course ?
CorrectI wonder if there is a comment on the certificate by GE about how well a student performs in the course ?


IncorrectWe have lots of rain, because we're in monsoon season.
CorrectThere is a lot of rain here as we are in monsoon season now.

IncorrectHow much is the temperature?
CorrectWhat is the temperature ?


IncorrectDon't feel anger with me !!! I'm just kidding.
CorrectDon't be mad at me !!! I'm just kidding.


IncorrectKitty, your honey was left just now because I told him you will coming soon.
CorrectKitty, your honey has just left as I told him you would be coming soon.


IncorrectI am a Chinese and have been abroad 10 years.
CorrectI am Chinese and have been in abroad for 10 years.


IncorrectOK, tell me how does he like ?
CorrectOK, tell me what he looks like ?


IncorrectI think you should go to abroad find a job make your life a little bit changed.
CorrectI think you should go abroad to find a job and make your life a little bit different for a change.


IncorrectLilian is living far away with China.
CorrectLilian is living far away from China.


IncorrectI am sure not even one man can control himself if he meet this kind of situation.
CorrectI doubt that there is even one man who can control himself in this situation.


IncorrectAre you a saler, Alvin ?
CorrectAre you a salesman, Alvin ?


IncorrectThe team bring a lot of happy for football fan in the world but now I doubtful them.
CorrectThe team used to bring a lot of fun to the soccer fans in the world but I am doubtful of them now.


IncorrectWhich kind of car ?
CorrectWhat type of car ?

No comments:

Followers